Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tools of Trade


I love to cook - whenever I find the time that is.
So prior to cooking, I always have the ingredients out and ready.
Trading is the same.
We need the ingredients ready before we could start.


First, we need Metastock.
You can obtain it from http://www.equis.com
No need to mention my name. They have no idea who the heck am I.


Then for End of Day (EOD) data, you ll need to obtain from http://www.bizfun.cc
You can tell Mr Lim you were referred to by Max, but I doubt you ll get any discount.
His data is practically free already. Only one-time payment of RM80 for historical data.
Monthly data and daily data is free of charge.
Where to find such kind hearted person?
So, don't ask for discount. In fact, recommend all your friends to buy from him.
This is a call to support the nice guys movement.

However, in office, I do not have Metastock, so I needed an alternative.
Tradesignum comes into mind - www.tradesignum.com
Marcus and Daryl are also nice guys.
Free data. Free software.
Where to find?
Support them. :)




Or for Hardcore Traders, you ll need additional tools.
This is where Telequote and Nextview comes into mind.
Realtime data with indicators for a fee.
You can request for trial period.

Personally, I find Telequote is much better.
They sent their salesman over.
Nextview didn't bother about retailers like me :(, or maybe I m just not charming enough.
But you decide.

Telequote - www.tq.net

Oh yeah, no need to mention Max. They don't know who is Max :P
So there. Ingredients, oops I mean, the tools of trade.
Happy cooking, oops I mean, Happy Trading :P

8 comments:

Ben Gan said...

Max,
You did a great job. Have you ever thought of becoming an online adviser? I mean a legal one.
I honestly think you should go for it. Give it some thought. Imagine what you can do when you have a few thousand followers.For me,I am a retired man.
Best,
Ben

Trader Max said...

Thanks Ben.
But as of now, I feel that there is much for me to learn.
Perhaps when the time comes, perhaps when I ve successfully amassed 1 million via trading.
But good suggestion, I ll KIV it :)

Marcus Fei said...

Hi Max,

Thanks for the kind words and support!

Your blog is looking good too! All the best and may TA continue to guide our trades :)

RL said...

Ya Max, you can be an consultant... There is so much to learn form you... But of course some starting promotions will be a good start... You may start with free lifetime consulting priviledges for the first 30 members... That is going to be a real kick start.. But first, where is the form? I want to be the first 30... Hehe....

Trader Max said...

Marc,
Thanks for dropping by :)

Rl,
Free lifetime for first 30 members.
Good one. Hahahaha.
Don't worry, if I really go into consulting, won't forget you.
(Key word - IF)

Anonymous said...

Good Articles especially for those beginners include me, :)

Keep up the good job! Will recommend yr blog to all my 'stock kaki' friends.

LLE

Trader Max said...

Thanks for the support Ms Leng Lui :)
Glad you enjoyed my articles.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, late reply. Your blog has been updated so frequently! I hv been too busy to catch up. Max, I think one day you might be surpised that someone might be happy to pay for what you can do for them here. You deserve some credits. Time will tell.